Tuesday, March 20

Teacher appreciation

New project! Benson's 1st grade teacher asked me to make a card for the student teacher, Mr. Munro, who has been with the class all year - something all the kids could sign and be part of. Instead of a card, I decided a mini album was in order, especially since I have a mini album hoarding problem I'm trying to work through. I love the idea of a mini album, I buy all the cute chipboard ones I can find ... I just never use them. That's a'changin'!
This is a Heidi Swapp album, from the kit that was sold at Costco last year. I painted the cover a nice neutral off white - I didn't like the original 'raw' color. The patterned paper is from KI Memories. I have an obsession with stripes. I tend to hoard striped paper, too.
I had all the kids in Benson's class draw a picture and write a message to Mr. Munro. The black rectangle is a mat for 2x3 photos I'll put on later. It was a great activity for the kids. They're pretty sad about Mr. Munro leaving and I think this helped. I just hope he likes it.

No comments: