Monday, May 5

HUGE pill'uh

I've had two 28x28 inch pillows from Ikea sitting around my house for way too long, waiting for me to do something with them.
Well, yesterday I did something. With one of them.I quilted the front because I really love quilted front pillows. I tried doing free motion quilting on my machine and as long as you don't look to closely, you don't notice how wonky the stitches are. I'm telling myself it's part of the pillow's charm. I used Ikea fabric that I absolutely love. I want to go buy more of it because I'm afraid of running out!My son approves of the pillow and has already found several uses for it.

As a hat.A crash test cushion.A meditation mat.
Now I just need to get to work on the other one. I'm planning on using a different section for the center panel so there are different animals, but otherwise I want it to look pretty much the same.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Okay, next time I come over, Jack has to teach me how to find my center. But the pillow looks great. I like it's because it's all "Serious leather couch. Bright stripey pillow!" Like Dharma and Greg or Barefoot in the Park.

Dani said...

I love it, I love it, I love it! So cute. You make me want to sew. Well, maybe not so much. But a little. Enough to feel guilty about not doing anything with the mounds of fabric I have. But not enough to make me actually do anything. :)

jacquie said...

Awesome fabric and what a great use for it. Love the little guru in the picture!