I love looking at other people's creative space: their studios, offices, dining rooms ... people who love to create find their own way of organizing their supplies. I realized I was coveting other people's space - I have lived in an apartment for 6 months and I really miss my house and it's large office space. I want color on the walls and permanent shelving, but that's not going to happen for a while. I decided to post pictures of where I create, even if it's not the ideal for me right now - it still works! And I can always dream about the ultimate studio ...
An explanation of a few decorative things:
- Big 'J' - early attempt at altering letters
- Flower collage by my sister, Goobie
- Picture in frame from Dani. It says, "Home, the spot of earth supremely blest a dearer, sweeter spot than all the rest. — Robert Montgomery" Given to me when we moved.
- 'Joy' - It's what I feel on a daily basis when I'm with my highly entertaining kids.
- The jars of ribbon were an idea I stole from my sister, Dani. They are very functional as well as cute!
My desk space is never clean. I always feel guilty when I see perfectly organized craft areas in magazines. But then I comfort myself knowing they must have spent hours cleaning before the photos were taken. I obviously didn't take any time to clean before these pictures were taken. This is my space all natural, baby. I'm not cleaning for nobody. And I'm okay with that.