Thursday, January 25

Creative space

I love looking at other people's creative space: their studios, offices, dining rooms ... people who love to create find their own way of organizing their supplies. I realized I was coveting other people's space - I have lived in an apartment for 6 months and I really miss my house and it's large office space. I want color on the walls and permanent shelving, but that's not going to happen for a while. I decided to post pictures of where I create, even if it's not the ideal for me right now - it still works! And I can always dream about the ultimate studio ...
An explanation of a few decorative things:

  • Big 'J' - early attempt at altering letters
  • Flower collage by my sister, Goobie
  • Picture in frame from Dani. It says, "Home, the spot of earth supremely blest a dearer, sweeter spot than all the rest. — Robert Montgomery" Given to me when we moved.
  • 'Joy' - It's what I feel on a daily basis when I'm with my highly entertaining kids.
  • The jars of ribbon were an idea I stole from my sister, Dani. They are very functional as well as cute!

My desk space is never clean. I always feel guilty when I see perfectly organized craft areas in magazines. But then I comfort myself knowing they must have spent hours cleaning before the photos were taken. I obviously didn't take any time to clean before these pictures were taken. This is my space all natural, baby. I'm not cleaning for nobody. And I'm okay with that.

No comments: