Wednesday, September 2

I made something!

This isn't terribly exciting, but it's something, right?
It's a baby blanket made for a friend. Two pieces of flannel bound with wide quilt binding. I think it's my new favorite way to make nice, thick receiving blankets.I LOVE these fabrics. I didn't want to part with them! The binding is all machine sewn because of time constraints. I don't crochet. Therefore I can't make those cute crocheted edge blankets.
Okay, actually I know how to crochet; I just won't crochet. I don't have enough patience. Kind of like my hand sewing issues.
I'll hopefully get a picture of the one I made for Elsie taken so I can post it. Oh, and her crib set, too.I'm also working on Elsie's birth announcements. Hopefully they will go out before she's 1.

2 comments:

the mama monster said...

cute cute. did you just do the self binding method?

Jenn said...

No - it's quilt binding. I need to try the self binding method!