Thursday, May 17

WIP

Havoc.We move in two days. All my craft stuff is in boxes. I can't make anything. Sob.


Except ... I did finish Jack's Spiderman quilt. I'm rather happy with how it turned out. Actually, I'm rather happy with the fact that I finished it at all. I even made my own binding. These are horrible pictures, but that's what I've got. We'll all deal with it because we're strong people, okay?I machine quilted around the pieced, um, pieces. The batting I used said the maximum space I could have between quilting was 4" so I quilted squares or rectangles in the center of the larger pieces. The back actually looks pretty cool, but there's no way you can tell from the crappy pictures.Also realizing I don't really know how to describe my quilting process. I'm a by-the-seat-of-my-pants, I'll-just-figure-it-out-as-I-go, I-love-hyphens quilter. I come from a long line of seamstress/quilter/crocheters and genetics has gotten me far. But learning a few actual useful tips might be nice. Maybe someday I'll actually get around to looking at some of the cute quilt patterns out there in the world and then I'll make an actual Quilt. I believe it deserves to be capitalized.

No comments: